Santa Monica Seafood’s foodservice mission is to provide the highest quality and selection of seafood products at fair and reasonable prices while recognizing the importance of conservation and maintenance of a healthy environment.
Why Do Business with Us?
Besides that fact that we’ve been in business since 1939 and count some of the Southwest’s finest chefs as friends, here are a few more reasons you should pick up the phone and give us a call:
- We offer over 600 species of fish and shellfish daily; each and every one has been responsibly sourced by one of our 6 full-time buyers. If we don’t have it, and it’s available on the commercial market, we’ll get it for you.
- We’re on the docks in Morro Bay and San Diego when the sun comes up. As direct buyers of seafood (like Swordfish, Dungeness Crab, Rockfish, Sablefish, Uni Roe and more) we’re able to offer the freshest local seafood at the best price possible.
- We have a full service team of highly trained outside sales representatives backed up by 24-hour customer service. Although our on-hold messages are entertaining, we hope you’ll never get to listen to them.
- Ask about on-going customer training, education and customized marketing support – we’re here to make you (and your team) into seafood experts.
- We offer custom processing, packaging and other retail solutions in-house (we’re not big on red-tape).
- You’ve seen our trucks; we’re everywhere. Well, almost. We deliver daily to a huge area of California, Arizona and Las Vegas – contact us for more details. If you’re outside our normal delivery area, don’t worry! Our Chef Express program can deliver our world-class seafood anywhere in the continental U.S.
We’re also proud of our trophy case. Here’s a few firsts:
- We are the first and only seafood company in the U.S. to achieve the internationally recognized FSSC 22000 Certification on our foodservice safety systems.
- Ditto for our ISO 14001 Certification.
- We were the first seafood distributor to enter into a formal partnership with the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- We created the first and only Responsible Vendor Sourcing Program which financially supports sustainability-focused projects within our industry.
- We are the first and only seafood distributor to include a sustainability ranking on all customer invoices along with a GPA for all the products purchased.
- We are a founding member of Sea Pact, an amazing international organization that’s changing the future of seafood. Learn more here.