Overnight Shipping of Fresh and Frozen Seafood
For more than 70 years we have serviced the needs of restaurants and other foodservice establishments throughout Southern California and Las Vegas. Our SMS Chef Express program makes all of our high quality seafood products available throughout the entire US. Learn all about it by watching the short video below.
The Shipping and Handling Rates included in this video do not reflect current rates. Please refer to the rate schedule to determine the rates associated with your region.
By using FedEx Priority Overnight Delivery, we can ship virtually every product we sell. As long as we can ship it safely we will offer it for sale. For a complete list of the products we offer, peruse our seafood guide.
SMS Chef Express will ship orders Monday through Thursday for delivery Tuesday through Friday. Monday and Saturday delivery is not available. Your order will need to be placed by 11:00 am and you will generally receive it the next day by 10:30 am (If you are more than 100 miles from the nearest FedEx hub your order will likely arrive by 5 pm the next day).
Once you set up your account, which can be a house charge account or a credit card on file, your SMS Chef Express sales representative will begin working with you. Our sales representatives are seafood and culinary experts who can identify the exact products most suited to your business and menu application. They will take your orders either by phone or by fax. Once you have gotten the hang of placing orders with us, we will introduce you to our on-line ordering system which makes placing an order easier than ever. If you ever need to speak with a sales representative, there is always someone to assist you. Please refer to our customer service hours by clicking here.
We have developed a packaging system to ensure the product you receive is as fresh as when it left our facility in Los Angeles:
- We start with an exterior box, which has passed FedEx’s rigorous testing process, and holds up to 60 pounds of seafood.
- An insulating foil liner covers the interior of the box to assist in maintaining temperature and avoiding leakage.
- All of our fresh product will be vacuum sealed to minimize damage during the shipping process but also to minimize moisture loss. Frozen product will be enclosed in plastic bags and live product will be placed in mesh bags/plastic bags.
- Cold packs are included to maintain an internal product temperature of 38 Degrees.
- And most importantly, the entire packaging process takes place in a 38 degree environment to further ensure that when you receive your product it is as fresh as possible.
What does it cost to ship your order is probably your next question? Click here to see a FedEx zone map.
If you would like additional information or would like to open an account with us, please click here and complete the brief form.
SMS Chef Express commits to providing you the same selection and quality of products that our customers in Southern California have enjoyed for more than 70 years. We hope to hear from you soon.